This is one my favorite pasta salads. It has tons of flavor and it’s healthy for you.
- 2 cups whole grain elbow pasta (or any bite sized pasta)
- 1 onion, chopped (I prefer scallions in this dish)
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 2 fresh jalapenos, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jar hearts of palm, sliced
- 1 jar baby corn, sliced
- 3/4 cup Kraft Zesty Italian dressing (make your own by whisking together oil, vinegar, and lemon juice)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- salt and pepper
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
2. Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, season with salt and pepper, and voila!
3 Comments Add yours
Hello, I’ve try your new Zesty Salsa Pasta Salad i really enjoy it but the kids did not like it very much they said i over did it with the homemade dressing all u said was whisk together olive oil, vinegar, and lemon Juice and that’s what i did. You did not state how much so that’s what i had mess up on, but other than that everything els was great. Thank you for sharing all your yummy Danial Fast recipes
If you are making your own dressing, it’s one part oil to one part acid, either lemon or vinegar or 1/2 of each. Modify the recipe to suit your own taste buds 🙂
You are not supposed to vinegar, so use only the lemon juice