This easy potato and corn chowder will fill your tummy and it takes less than 30 minutes to cook.
Recipe courtesy Toby George
- 5 large potatoes, cubed (white rose, yellow, red, or any potato that you don’t have to peel)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 garlic, pressed (use more if you love garlic)
- 1 1/2 cartons vegetable broth (or water)
- 1 cup rice or soy milk
- 1 can corn
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped (I never measure parsley)
- salt and pepper
1. Cook the potatoes in the vegetable broth with the garlic, onions, and salt and pepper until the potatoes are tender (about 15 minutes).
2. Blend about 2 cups of cooked potatoes and 1 cup of rice milk and add the blended mixture back to the pot with the rest of the potatoes.
3. Add the corn and the parsley and cook for about 5 more minutes and serve.
How easy is that?!
9 Comments Add yours
I have a question about some of the recipes on this site. It indicates this is the Daniel Fast but Soy Milk and Vegetable broth contains sugar which is not allowed in the fast. Is there an exception to this? Thanks.
Look for brands that have 0 sugar.
How many cups is 1 1/2 cartons of vegetable broth?
6 cups. 1 carton has 4 cups.
We added an extra can of corn, but over all loved this recipe. Even my super picky 7yo asked for seconds!
So glad to hear =)
We are making this recipe tonight but have had to multiply the recipe how many servings do these recipes make?
This recipe serves 6 very hungry people 🙂
I substituted the soy milk for almond milk and didn’t use leeks and the pickiest of eaters LOVED this recipe. I made a big batch for a Daniel Fast potluck at our church and everyone loved it!