You are going to love these light and delicious pancakes. There’s no guilt involved!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup almond or soy milk
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- grape seed or olive oil
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- Mix flour, milk, apple sauce, pinch of salt, and one tablespoon of oil. The mixture will be kind of lumpy but that’s ok.
- Sprinkle in 1/4 cup of blueberries and stir.
- Heat about a teaspoon of oil on a non-stick pan or griddle on medium heat.
- Drop in about a 1/4 cup of the mixture and spread it evenly on the pan with the back of a ladle, forming a circle. This is an important step. If you make these pancakes too thick, they might fall apart when you try to flip them, plus the blueberries make the mixture heavier and more moist. Add more oil to the pan if necessary.
- Allow the top of the pancakes to get bubbly and almost dry before you flip them. Because the mixture doesn’t have any baking powder, these pancakes are not going to be fluffy and doughy. They are going to look more like crêpes than traditional pancakes.
- Combine the agave and blueberries and heat the syrup in the microwave for about 30 secs. Lightly drizzle the syrup over your pancakes and serve.
Makes about 6 pancakes.