This easy potato and corn chowder will fill your tummy and it takes less than 30 minutes to cook.
Recipe courtesy Toby George
- 5 large potatoes, cubed (white rose, yellow, red, or any potato that you don’t have to peel)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 garlic, pressed (use more if you love garlic)
- 1 1/2 cartons vegetable broth (or water)
- 1 cup rice or soy milk
- 1 can corn
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped (I never measure parsley)
- salt and pepper
1. Cook the potatoes in the vegetable broth with the garlic, onions, and salt and pepper until the potatoes are tender (about 15 minutes).
2. Blend about 2 cups of cooked potatoes and 1 cup of rice milk and add the blended mixture back to the pot with the rest of the potatoes.
3. Add the corn and the parsley and cook for about 5 more minutes and serve.
How easy is that?!