I can’t believe it’s tofu! My mom came up with this recipe and I am not a big fan of tofu but this was pretty tasty.
Recipe courtesy Mirna Alvarado
- 1/2 lb. firm tofu, drained and sliced
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 Japanese eggplant, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons grape seed or sesame oil
- salt and pepper
1. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the tofu for about 5 minutes on each side until it’s turns a nice brown color. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Add the onions and sauté until translucent.
3. Add the rest of the veggies and stir fry until everything starts browning and caramelizing and serve immediately. Do not cover.*
*Putting a lid on the pan will cause everything to steam and you’ll end up with a soggy mess.