Stuffed baked apples are so delicious! You won’t miss the apple pie. I promise.
- 6 medium apples (any kind of apples are good for this recipe)
- 3 tablespoons grape seed or olive oil
- 4 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (sub. almonds, pecans, etc.)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 Ezekiel 4:9 Original Crunchy Cereal
- 1/4 cup wheat germ or ground flax seed (optional)
- lemon wedges (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Cut the apples in half lengthwise, remove the cores, and hollow out apples with an ice cream scoop, paring knife, or spoon. Do not hollow the apples too much.
3. Trim thin slice off back of each apple half so they sit flat on the baking dish. You can use parchment paper on the bottom of your dish.
4. Rub tops of apples with lemon to prevent browning.
5. Combine oil, agave nectar, plus all the dry ingredients and the spices in a bowl. The mixture will be crumbly. Granola also works great as a filling in this recipe.
6. Pack this mixture into apples and place in a shallow baking dish and bake for 17-20 minutes until the apples are tender but not too soft. Drizzle with agave syrup.