This is one of my favorite recipes because it is quite versatile. You can flavor it anyway you want and stuff the peppers with any ingredients of your choice. Make it Mexican or Italian. Add some garbanzo beans or corn, it’s up to you.
- 8 green or red bell peppers, you can use poblano chiles (make more if you have a large family)
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (left-over rice works great in this recipe)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning (use any herbs you want)
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
You can use any vegetables you like.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Slice tops off peppers, remove seeds and stems, and dice the remaining part of the top of the pepper.
3. Sautee all the veggies until tender for about 5 minutes.
4. Add the cooked rice to the veggies and mix. Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to cool a little bit.
5. Use a spoon to stuff the bell peppers with the rice mixture.
6. Place the stuffed bell peppers in a baking dish and drizzle with some grapeseed oil. Place in the oven and bake for 40-50 minutes. Enjoy!