- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 stick of celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 cup dry lentils
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Grapeseed oil
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Salt and fresh black pepper
- Coat the pan with some oil and toss in the veggies. Always add the onions and garlic first. Cook all the veggies until softened for about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the lentils, herbs, diced tomatoes, and 3 cups of stock.
- Simmer on low heat for about 45 minutes to an hour. Occasionally check and pour in more stock or water to keep the lentils from drying out.
- Serve over whole grain pasta or rice.