*These quantities can be changed depending on how many people you’re feeding.
- 1 turnip (you can use potatoes)
- 1 carrot (you can thinly slice it with a vegetable peeler into strips)
- 1 zucchini
- ½ red bell pepper
- ½ green bell pepper
- 6 pearl onions (can be bought frozen)
- 1 garlic clove, mashed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch of cilantro- chopped to sprinkle on at the end
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- 1 can chick peas
- 1/2 can diced tomatoes (you can use fresh tomatoes)
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of curry powder
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- Heat the oil in pan.
- Combine all the veggies and chick peas, except the tomatoes.
- Add curry powder, a pinch of cinnamon, and salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 3 minutes
- Add tomatoes and cook on low heat for 20-30 more minutes. This depends on how raw or cooked you like your vegetables.
- Just before it’s done, add coconut milk and stir. Cook for additional 3 minutes.
- Serve with brown rice and sprinkle with chopped cilantro. Brown basmati rice goes perfect with this dish.
About 6 servings.