A Banana Split for breakfast? It’s not exactly what you had in mind, but this comes loaded with nuts and crunchy granola for a filling and very nutritious way to start your day. Your kids will definitely love it and you can even have it as a dessert.
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon nut butter (peanut, almond, etc)
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds or wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup of your favorite whole grain, low sugar cereal (for the Daniel Fast you can probably get Ezekiel Crunchy Cereal)
- 1/2 cup berrries, fresh or frozen and thawed
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar, optional
- Soy or almond milk to taste, optional (you can use any non-dairy milk you like)
Cut the banana in half lengthwise. Spread nut butter on each banana half and put it back together like a sandwich. Sprinkle the banana with ground flax, pecans and cereal. Top with the berries and agave nectar. Eat as is or with a splash of your favorite milk. Is this easy or what?
5 Comments Add yours
Can you use Soy Milk on the Daniel Fast?
What cereals can be eaten on the Daniel Fast?
Any cereal that is whole grain and sugar free. Try adding fruit to make it more appealing or make/or find granola sweetened with agave.
I would probably scoohe my new favorite breakfast combo; oats with walnut butter! I started making walnut butter with my food processor and it’s incredible. I love it mixed in my oats, with some pomegranate on top, and yogurt.Your banana toast looks amazing! I should probably switch up my breakfasts every once in a while, but I never want to! I do eggs on weekends sometimes, when I have time.