A Banana Split for breakfast? It’s not exactly what you had in mind, but this comes loaded with nuts and crunchy granola for a filling and very nutritious way to start your day. Your kids will definitely love it and you can even have it as a dessert.
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon nut butter (peanut, almond, etc)
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds or wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup of your favorite whole grain, low sugar cereal (for the Daniel Fast you can probably get Ezekiel Crunchy Cereal)
- 1/2 cup berrries, fresh or frozen and thawed
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar, optional
- Soy or almond milk to taste, optional (you can use any non-dairy milk you like)
Cut the banana in half lengthwise. Spread nut butter on each banana half and put it back together like a sandwich. Sprinkle the banana with ground flax, pecans and cereal. Top with the berries and agave nectar. Eat as is or with a splash of your favorite milk. Is this easy or what?