- 8 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cups of garbanzo beans or white cannellini beans
- 2 cups of red kidney beans
- 1/2 cups of diced carrots
- 3 medium tomatoes or 14 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup cabbage
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- 3/4 tsp. basil
- 1/4 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- grape seed oil (optional)
- 1 package or whole-wheat spinach or red bell pepper noodles (you can find it at Whole Foods). You can simply use plain whole-grain pasta.
1. Lightly sauté carrots, onions, garlic, and celery over medium heat.
2. Stir in beans, tomatoes, and herbs, except the parsley, and add the vegetable stock. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
3. Turn heat down and simmer all the ingredients for about 10 minutes, then stir in the uncooked noodles (break the noodles), cabbage, and parsley and simmer with lid partially on for about 15 more minutes or until cabbage is tender.
4. Add more tomatoes or vegetable stock as needed.
5. Serve with toasted bread slices and a salad.