Quinoa cooks like rice so it can be made in the rice cooker. Just remember- add 2 parts liquid to 1 part quinoa.
1 cup of cooked quinoa contains 22 grams of protein! That’s the equivalent to a piece of meat or fish.
Serves 6 as a side dish or 3 as a main dish. Prep and Cook Time: less than 30 minutes.
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1-1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grape seed oil
- 1/2 cup raw sliced almonds
- 10 asparagus tips, sliced (use more if you wish, the same goes for any veggies used in any recipe)
- 1 teaspoon, organic no-salt vegan seasoning (I like the Kirkland Signature brand from Costco. You can use fresh or dried herbs if you don’t have any seasoning spices on hand.)
- salt and pepper
1. Heat a little oil in a saucepan and caramelize the onions and mushrooms.
2. Add the asparagus, almonds, quinoa, seasonings, and broth. Bring to a boil.
3. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for about 10-15 minutes until the liquid is completely absorbed.