Scared of beets? Think again. Roasted beets are delicious, satisfying, and packed with nutrients. This dish will awaken your taste buds and you’ll be surprised to find out you actually like beets. There are purple, yellow, and orange varieties. Feel free to mix in other veggies as well like brussel sprouts, zucchini, or whatever’s in season.
Please don’t peel the veggies. Peeling is overrated! The skins have a lot of fiber and vitamins and it’s a sad thing to waste them.
- beets (use desired quantity)
- carrots (use desired quantity)
- garlic cloves (use desired quantity)
- 1 onion, quartered
- fresh rosemary sprigs and/or thyme (sometimes I use dried herbes de provence)
- 1 orange
- grapeseed oil
- salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Boil the carrots and beets in salted water until they feel a little tender when you poke them with a fork. *Only root vegetables need to be boiled before baking.
3. Drain the veggies and spread them on a baking pan. Toss them with the onions, rosemary, salt/pepper and garlic.
4. Drizzle with a little oil and squeeze orange juice all over the veggies.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes.