I don’t have exact measurements for this recipe but here’s the basic idea:
- salad tomatoes
- cooked brown rice
- chopped onions and bell pepper
- meat substitute (optional)
- mushrooms (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- chilli powder
- grapeseed oil
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
2. Cut off and discard tops of tomatoes and remove seeds. Scoop out the pulp with a spoon. You can save the pulp and make salsa with it.
3. Sautee meat substitute, onions and bell peppers and add to the rice. Put in the corn and the cilantro and season with chilli powder, salt and pepper. You can also add some of the tomato pulp to the mixture.
4. Fill the tomato shells with the rice mixture and sprinkle with some oil. Bake for 20 minutes.
Serve the stuffed tomatoes with beans and salsa.